Insight’s Investment Management Philosophy
At Insight Investment Counsel our investment philosophy guides our approaches and techniques. We apply a disciplined investment process to managing client portfolios. Every client portfolio is individually constructed with care and conviction. This results in a portfolio we clearly communicate to clients with an appropriate balance between opportunity for return and risk, managed for long-term results, tax efficiency and low turnover.
Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity.
We are committed to:
- Be a valued and trusted counselor to each client and their advisors.
- Provide each client with a carefully individualized portfolio.
- Maintain regular, one-on-one communications with clients in accordance with their needs.
- Ensure the highest fiduciary standards and accuracy in handling client assets while preserving strict confidentiality.
- Strengthen continually the research and investing process that supports our investment philosophy.
- Foster the professional growth and recognize the personal achievements of each member of our staff.
- Be a responsible corporate citizen.
- Cultivate strategic partnerships which reinforce our mission.
Statement of Investor Rights
The “Statement of Investor Rights” was developed by CFA Institute to advise buyers of financial service products of the conduct they are entitled to expect from financial service providers. These rights reflect the fundamental ethical principles that are critical to achieving confidence and trust in any professional relationship. The list applies to financial products and services such as investment management, research and advice, personal banking, insurance and real estate. Whether you are establishing an investment plan, working with a broker, opening a bank account or buying a home, the Statement of Investor Rights is a tool to help you get the information you need and the service you expect and deserve. Demanding that financial professionals abide by these rights helps you build trust in the person and/or firm you engage with, and thereby collectively restore trust, respect, and integrity in finance.
WHEN ENGAGING THE SERVICES OF FINANCIAL PROFESSIONALS AND ORGANIZATIONS, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO…
- Honest, competent, and ethical conduct that complies with applicable law;
- Independent and objective advice and assistance based on informed analysis, prudent judgment, and diligent effort;
- My financial intereststaking precedence over those of the professional and the organization;
- Fair treatment with respect to other clients;
- Disclosure of any existing or potential conflicts of interest in providing products or services to me;
- Understanding of my circumstances, so that any advice provided is suitable and based on my financial objectives and constraints;
- Clear, accurate, complete and timely communications that use plain language and are presented in a format that conveys the information effectively;
- An explanation of all fees and costs charged to me, and information showing these expenses to be fair and reasonable;
- Confidentiality of my information;
- Appropriate and complete records to support the work done on my behalf.